6 Suggestions On How To Start An Observation Essay Properly
They way you start your essay to a large extent, determines how motivated your target readers would be the moment they open the first page of your academic paper. This is why it is important that you understand how to start an observation essay. Your readers will mostly be motivated by the type and level of information they are able to find at the beginning of your academic paper. There is a variety of ways to effectively start your academic paper.
The strategy you choose when starting your observation essay depends mostly on what works for you. With that said, here are six suggestions on how you can appropriately start your observation essay. They are as follows:
- Start With A Few Short Sentences: This means going straight to the point without beating about the bush. Although you do not need to start with “This essay is all about...”, you have to be specific about what your paper is about, with your thesis written as briefly as possible. It is not the length that matters but how informative your content is.
- Pose A Question: Yes, you read right. You can start your essay by posing a question. However, you should make sure that this question is closely related to the topic of your paper. You can either answer the question yourself or let your readers’ imaginations run wild as they ponder over the answer to the question.
- State An Interesting Fact: This is another unique way of writing any naturalistic observation essay. There are one or more facts you might know about nature which can include humans, animals, plants, and our immediate environment. It is possible that not a lot of people know this fact. Using this same fact to start your paper will awaken the interest of most of your target readers, being that they might not have heard or even read about this fact.
- Start With A Description: Being an observation essay, there is definitely a setting for your story. You can arouse the curiosity of your target readers by describing the main setting of your academic paper. Describe some of the things that were found there, in such a way that your readers can almost see and feel them. This way, you can be sure of taking them along with you in your line of thoughts.
- Bring The Past To The Present: This can be a form of relishing an experience or event from the past. In order to make it more interesting, you can relate the event to your target readers as if it is happening right there and then. This method has a way of holding your target readers spell-bound as they want to find out what happened in the end.
- Adopt The Delay Strategy: With this particular strategy, you don’t hand out everything from the beginning of your paper. Let us assume you are writing a child observation essay. You can systematically put off identifying the subject of your paper for the time being. In using this strategy, make sure you don’t hold this off for a long time so that your readers are not frustrated and decide not to read further. You don’t want this to happen.
These are some of the suggestions that a good number of students have found very helpful when it comes to properly starting their observation essays. If you choose to, you can also recount an incident that adds more drama to your academic paper. If you need further help in getting your essays right, try this site.