Feminist Criticism Essay Writing Instructions
If you have been assigned to write a feminist criticism essay, it simply means that your tutor wants you to carefully analyze some of the feminist issues which are represented in a given book, with attention on the female characters and the roles they played in the book’s narration. As you get down to the task of finding out about the author’s view of women as exhibited by his or her work, there are certain aspects of the process that you should pay attention to as well.
If it is your first time of writing this type of academic paper, here are some writing instructions to help you get started right away. They are as follows:
- Get To Know The Characters: In order for you to effectively write your feminist academic paper, it is important that you take your time to know all you should about the characters. This includes their background, work, sexuality, childhood, and outlook on life. When you know all these, drawing conclusions on them becomes an easier task for you to handle.
- Get To Know Their Roles In The Book: Now that you have found out their background and other important information, it is time to know about the roles they played in the book. You can focus on the lead character. Taking note of any anecdotal scenarios will provide more support for the thesis of your feminist essay.
- Determine Their Relationship With Each Other: As you take a look at the female characters in the book, take your time to explore the relationship between them. This way, you will be able to come up with contrasts. You can also examine how they relate with their male counterparts in the book.
- Evaluate Their Characters: Each of the characters of the book has their individual characters which cannot be ignored. Go ahead and assess each character’s attitude and take your time to evaluate same. This way, you will be able to determine how powerful or weak each character is.
- Time To Write: Having gathered all the information you need, the next step is to write your academic paper. Your findings will form the foundation of your writing as you set out to affirm or disapprove the author’s views or opinion.
Choosing and writing on feminist essay topics can be a little bit tricky but with the tips listed above, you will surely have an improved writing experience.